Monday, August 10, 2009

After Ranking Number 1, I lost!

I'm surprised as hell. This website was ranking number one for clypidus around 4 days before 1st august. I checked on all famous data-centers. On 1st august I read the brilliant post with a screen shot showing my website as number 4.

I wouldn't say I'm surprised. I might have also gotten the same results if I was searching on the google search for some random country on some other language. Although the most popular data center google.com showed my website as number 1.

But, no fights. Did I ever mention this before that I was participating in this contest not because of the entrecard credits? Yeah, you heard that right. Although 25,000 entrecard credits wouldn't be of much use to me, I participated in the contest to prove my SEO skills.

The fact is, I proved it. I am still ranking number 1 for clypidus. I proved myself. Period. As for those 300 entrecard credits that the contest starter is giving me, I'll let him spare those for some other participant because they would really go to waste on me.

Maybe someone else would use them better or would find a better use of them. Meanwhile, I'll be actually bringing up this blog. The blog doesn't end here. I will talk about SEO here and the only thing that I ever did to make it rank number 1 while some other participants were creating vanity urls on everything possible. lol

1 comment: